Leveraging cloud computing provides a strategic opportunity for many organizations and IT teams to deliver access everywhere, 降低成本, 提高效率, 速度和创新. But the same ease of scale for applications and endpoints in the cloud also creates challenges. 控制, maintaining and securing your organization’s cloud endpoints can be foggy without the right level of visibility.
云, cloud management and cloud endpoints can encompass multiple things. This information is targeted specifically at endpoints in the cloud that have an operating system. A cloud endpoint with an operating system can and should be management equal to enterprise endpoints. Without this same level of management, you could be leaving a vulnerability exposed to exploit.
Knowing and managing the cloud endpoints accessing your network are essential to network and endpoint security. But visibility and control of endpoints are increasingly challenging. Hybrid work models, growing numbers of IoT and remote devices, and the 云环境的动态特性 can change the forecast for your endpoint security strategy from clear to murky.
Endpoints are prime targets for breach attempts. Attackers know where to look for vulnerabilities that are easily exploitable and not easily secured. Gain an advantage by understanding the possible roadblocks to endpoint security in the cloud, 采取积极主动的方法.
Be aware of obstacles you could encounter with your cloud endpoint security efforts. This awareness can add clarity to your security strategy for endpoints, 包括云环境中的那些.
- 现有的安全点解决方案, compliance and asset management won’t necessarily work seamlessly with cloud endpoints. This can slow down your security and ops teams and lead to risky holes in visibility and delayed remediation.
- Migrating to the cloud is not a one-time activity. 这是一个循环, rapid process that makes visibility hard to maintain—especially if existing tools can’t keep up or are too expensive to maintain.
- 使用 multiple point solutions can introduce complexity that requires more resources and skills than your team has available. 云 adoption often highlights missing security management and control skills within a team.
- Manual tracking is inefficient and problematic. It may have been a valid option in a traditional network perimeter, but is not feasible in a modern perimeter that includes cloud.
- 云 sprawl is real, and cloud endpoints need to be managed just like enterprise endpoints. Without visibility and control of endpoints wherever they may be, the risk of a security breach increases.
Clearing the path to better cloud endpoint security
It’s nearly impossible to fully account for all endpoints (including roaming endpoints) within your enterprise and across multiple cloud providers without using a specialized cloud endpoint security tool. A variety of solutions can aid with managing the reach of your expanding enterprise network and solve many cloud migration challenges.
When selecting an endpoint management and control solution, consider looking for the following capabilities to help you leverage cloud benefits securely with speed and flexibility across mixed environments:
- Visibility and control of endpoints wherever they are
- Visibility of unmanaged devices such as routers, switches and IoT devices
- Discovery of endpoints to keep your inventory current
- Distribution, management and reporting for system patches and software updates
- Threat detection and remediation to secure any cloud vulnerabilities
- Compliance and data privacy for cloud endpoints
的 right endpoint management solution can help you know your network, 降低成本 and gain seamless management across multiple environments. 天狼星与Tanium合作 to help our clients improve IT hygiene, optimize costs, and secure cloud endpoints.
的 Sirius White Glove Trial for Tanium as a Service provides guided assistance from Sirius 安全 experts to determine if a unified endpoint management and security platform is the right step for your cloud migration journey. To get started, reach out to your Sirius representative or 加拿大28预测网 今天.